Star flowers.

jahnavi | June 7, 2011 at 3:08 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/p1Fgd-aJ

When I'm traveling I try and keep at least my morning walk consistent. While I walk I chant on my japa beads. It's always my favorite part of the day. When I was young, we'd always pick flowers on any walk to take home and put on our altar. The habit is firmly stuck, and I try and find an altar space or a deity, or a dear friend to give a flower, whenever I'm out.

I found these unusual star flowers the other morning while I walked around the upscale suburbs of New Haven, Connecticut.

Now I'm back New York city, where I crave trees and flowers like a tall drink of water on a hot day. As I walk through the streets, bustling and clouded with smoke and noise, it's a delicious surprise to come across a cool, green walled garden. Or even a stray rose, peering over a fence.

20110606-110830.jpg

Add a comment to this post


Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati