Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via Gita Coaching by akrura@gmail.com on 8/06/11


Just like the Christians go to the church for meeting the problems of bread; similarly, the Hindus or the Muslim, everyone goes to church, temple or mosque to pray something material:

"God, I am very distressed. Kindly get me relief from this distressed condition."

Or "God, I am in need of money, I am very poor. Kindly give me some money."

Or any other, "I am now implicated in war."

Just like Churchill, he introduced that everyone should go and pray for victory.

So England was also praying for victory, and Germany was also praying for victory.

So God is perplexed. (devotees laugh)

The thief is praying to God that "This night, I may steal without any hindrances."

And the householder is praying, "My Lord, thief may not come here and steal my goods."

And God has to adjust everything.

So just imagine how much busy is God.

There are millions and trillions of living entities.

Each one of them, if they are at all interested in God -- not all -- so they are praying.

Everyone is praying, "God, give me this benediction. Give me this benediction."

So this is not pure devotional service.

- Srila Prabhupada

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati