To enjoy or to serve?

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 04:12 PM PDT

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Finland, 2011)


Even with Vrindavan, there is a danger that we can become the enjoyer of Vrindavan, rather than in the mood of serving in Vrindavan. So there are many who are going to Vrindavan, not only in the mind but physically, enjoy Vrindavan:

'Oh Vrindavan….Vrindavan….Vrindavan!'

Even in Vrindavan one must always say:

"Well, what service can I do?"

Print this entry

The topmost level of devotional service

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 04:48 AM PDT

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Berlin, September 2011)

The topmost level of devotional service is not to serve Krsna directly, because, in the topmost level of devotional service, one realises that what service can I render to Krsna to please Him?

"What is my capacity to please Krsna?  I am so limited!  I am small and insignificant, so even if I would render the greatest service that I could possibly do, even if I would go beyond all my limitations, and go to the maximum of what I can do and make the very best offering that I can, what is the meaning of it in comparison to the offerings that Srimati Radharani makes?  In comparison to the offerings the gopis make?  Therefore, the best I can do is act as an assistant."

(Sanskrit) So, in this way, to assist the assistants a hundred times removed from Srimati Radharani – that is the essence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teachings.

Print this entry




--
Yours
Dinesh
Blog:http://dinesh-krsna.blogspot.com


Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati