Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via kksblog.com by gurudasa on 8/12/11

 

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Sweden, 2010)

Transcribed by Madhumati Devi Dasi

In the Srimad Bhagavatam, it is said that Yudhiṣṭhira Maharaja was blessed to fulfil all his desires on this planet, which is amazing! Who can actually say that? I can think on the top of my head of all of the unfulfilled desires. I need a lot of money and that desire hasn't yet been fulfilled. I need billions of euros or pounds which is worth something, because I have so many plans and I know how to spend that money quite well.

We could have few nice temples around the world with few nice festivals, and I could spend it very quickly and easily, which in no time it would be finished. It would be nice to do such thing. But here in this material world, we are always limited and we have to limit ourselves. But on the spiritual plane one becomes more and more empowered and the devotees in the spiritual sky they can execute whatever they desire as it is not only fulfilled, but even more so.

Dhruva Maharaja was saying:

"I was desiring broken pieces of glass and I got diamonds and I desired a kingdom greater than my father and grand father".

But he never realised what he would get and he got devotional service, which was so much greater. He also got a kingdom greater than his father and grandfather – a spiritual planet Dhruva Loka, and there the Lord was his personal attendant! So, he got more than he asked for or desired. So, that is the nature of devotional service. So, freedom means that instead of getting less than what we want and always feeling blocked in everything. Instead it is obtaining more than we imagined and that is the freedom! The freedom is in the experience of unlimited satisfaction were everything is perfect and that is spiritual life which in that way we attain freedom.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati