It was during my childhood I torture my mother and father to take the bitter medicines for diseases. For each tablet, I will make my mother wait for half an hour and she will be begging me to swallow the tablets faster.

I usually had the fear if the taste of the tablet is experienced I might feel like vomiting and sometimes it really induced vomit.

My father however had a trick to make me swallow the tablets. He used to hide the tablet inside a banana and give it to me and I would swallow some and others I would feel when chewing them.

Our Supreme Lord Sri Krishna also has similar plans for our disease which is to enjoy the matter. There are samskaras in the form of pious activities which also has restricted sense enjoyment in it. The whole idea and the purpose is to regulate our addiction to bad habits and purify us so that we can experience the love with Him. The purpose is not to increase our material sense pleasure but to gradually make us forget it.

Yours
Dinesh
Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati