Important!

 
 

Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via kksblog.com by hina on 3/28/12

(H H Kadamba Kanana Swami, Prague, Czech Republic, 15th March 2012) Lecture: CC. Adi-lila 17.22


I was in Vrindavan (In India) for six years, and then they sent me to Australia. They paid for my ticket. When I came to the temple, the temple president said:

'Do you have any money left from the money that we had sent you?'

I said:

'Yes, I do.'

I wanted to give it to him but he said:

'No, no you keep it. Buy some clothes for yourself and your wife.'

So were buying clothes and saying that he is a really nice guy.

The next day he calls us again into his office and asks:

'So how are you going to pay your debt?'

I replied:

'Why didn't you tell me yesterday? Before I brought all the clothes.'

Then he said that I had to pay it back by selling paintings. I said:

'Okay, I'll sell the paintings.'

So they took me in the car and drove me to the middle of an area full of factories. As I am walking in the street I see a sign:

'Blood and bones, $20.'

And I'm thinking:

'Whose blood and bones?'

So I go into the first factory, which is a place where they kill chickens! There was a guy who was chopping them one after another and throwing each dead chicken onto the conveyor belt. I showed him the paintings, and he brought four hundred dollars worth, and there was blood on the money – intense.

Then for one month I visited all the slaughterhouses. I came to one where there were big bins. In those bins there were heads, legs and tails from many different animals. There was a huge kettle where they were cooking all of these things! This kettle was actually a huge pressure cooker, and this is where they made the stabilisers, thickeners and all those nice substances!

So since that time I made sure that whatever I had, has no stabilisers, no thickeners, and not even in my toothpaste. So you have to start somewhere. Whatever comes natural? You can understand that for me that came very natural! After seeing that I'm careful about 'E' numbers and similar things. That was intense!


Rating: 7.0/7 (3 votes cast)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati