Our old friend still with us!!!

 
 

Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via KKS Blog by noreply@blogger.com (aatish) on 11/17/10



Lust - Our old friend
*knock knock knock* "Guess who's here!"

"No, go away!"

"Let me in, *knock knock* I'm not going!"

"No, I'm not letting you in!
Bolt the door! Put the wooden beam in front!"
And then next moment,

*knock knock* on the window.

"No, go away! I don't wanna see you! No, no, no! Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna, leave me alone!"

*ding dong ding dong* It's at the back door!

"Who's at the back door?"

Lust again!

And as soon as you just open your window a little bit for fresh air;

*whoosh* "Here I am, your good friend!"

"Leave me alone! I don't want to!"

"Come on, don't be so rough with me.. We've had many a good times together."

"Okay, well yeah.."

"We did, remember? Here, *whoosh* a memory!"

"Heh heh, it wasn't bad."

And then lust says, "See? See!"



One day Uddhava saw this beautiful young girl, and suddenly Uddhava felt hit by a wave of attraction. So he was surprised, He said;
"What's happening to me?"
"I haven't had this for ages! "How can this happen to me? That I'm attracted to a girl!"
He's thinking, "It's not possible.... I think it must be Krsna disguised as a girl."
And it was! That's Uddhava!
So, that's quite a level. Just see how much Uddhava transcended lust. Totally, it wasn't entering into his heart. He didn't have lusty desires and he was surprised, he said, "What is this!? Lust?"

Whereas we, huh?
Lust - Our old friend, *knock knock knock* "Guess who's here!"
"No, go away!"
"Let me in, *knock knock* I'm not going!"
"No, I'm not letting you in!
Bolt the door! Put the wooden beam in front!"
And then next moment, *knock knock* on the window.
"No, go away! I don't wanna see you! No, no, no! Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna, leave me alone!" *ding dong ding dong* It's at the back door!
"Who's at the back door?"
Lust again! And as soon as you just open your window a little bit for fresh air;
*whoosh* "Here I am, your good friend!"
"Leave me alone! I don't want to!"
"Come on, don't be so rough with me.. We've had many a good times together."
"Okay, well yeah.."
"We did, remember? Here, *whoosh* a memory!"
"Heh heh, it wasn't bad." And then lust says, "See? See?!"

Before we know it, again and again we are battling and battling and battling, and sometimes we feel very weak, very weak, very weak. I'm gonna give in. I'm gonna give up. I'm going to really give up now! What to do?

Giriraj Maharaja describes that when he was involved in Bombay, there was a huge fight, a huge legal fight over the property. There was a businessman who had sold the property to ISKCON but there were some tricky conditions in the contract. If these conditions were not met, then after a number of months the contract would become null and void. So that man tried to manipulate things with court manuevers and in this way block ISKCON from fulfilling these conditions. But Giriraj, das Brahmacari at the time, was the son of a lawyer, of a big lawyer in America, so he had it in the genes, right? So Prabhupada engaged him like that and he was actually doing a very good job fighting in the court to a point where Mr. Nayer, the one who was fighting, was getting quite disturbed about this Giriraj, this "He has to go!" So he thought about it deeply, and he used an old trick.

So one day, in Bombay there is a lot of social life, and one day, one evening when Giriraj had gone to some social function, as he was entering the car, and sat down in the car, suddenly this beautiful young girl came in the car next to him and just came close, and very close, squeezed her body against his, and his mind started to spin!
Suddenly, lust attacked, and he thought "I'm finished. I'm finished. I'm gonna fall down. This is it. This is it.. End of the road. This is it.. I'm going over the edge now. Off the deep end."
He was thinking in this way, but then he was thinking,
"But what will Prabhupada say when he will hear the news? He will be so disappointed. No! No, I cannot do it! I cannot do it.. No!"
So he was saved by his love for Prabhupada, his respect for Prabhupada, and the mercy that he got from Srila Prabhupada.

Transcribed by Frederick Prabhu
(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Melbourne 2010)

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati