H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami:

www.sdgonline.org.
Freewrite
Lord Caitanya gives Sanatana Goswami a synopsis of how to write the Hari-bhakti-vilasa. Sanatana said he had no power to write such a book on Vaisnava behavior. Lord Caitanya then embraced him and said, "Whatever I have taught you, you will be able to manifest it. I empower you with the ability to write." I wish I could be empowered like that. Lord Vishnu touched Dhruva Maharaja with His conchshell and Dhruva was suddenly enlightened and eloquent to speak to speak all the Vedic conclusions. That is a special force of mercy given to those who perform austerities under the order of the spiritual master. He simply chooses to bless them, and they become aware. So be aware that the mudhas will never be able to hear the truth, even after you have been touched by Vishnu. But those who are honest will hear and become enlivened. Prabhupada wrote a poem expressing his hesitancy when he arrived in Boston harbor in September of 1965. He spoke to Krishna and questioned: "How will I be able to reach these people? Their ways are demoniac, and they are entangled in the modes of passion and ignorance (he had taken a walk into Boston with the captain and saw the city). I don't speak their language expertly. But You must have sent me here for some purpose. I am just Your puppet, so if you want me to dance, please make me dance." Then he took heart that the message of the Bhagavatam would pierce their coverings.


Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati