HH.Kadamba Kanana Swami, 8 December 2011, Durban South Africa, Srimad Bhagavatam 11.22.6)

Only working for Krsna is also not easy because after a little while, we start to experience that working for Krsna can be a burden. It may also not work. So, we must hear because without hearing, life is dry.
I have a phone like most modern people and my contract was up so I could get a new phone. “Oh my God! What do I do? Now I have to have a new phone. Oh no!” Actually, I liked my old phone… it was okay… it did the job.
Then I found out that I did not have to get a new phone… it was not required. I could just go on with my old phone… it was fine as there was no rule against that. I did and then I put in a bigger memory card in the old phone and more lectures of Srila Prabhupada and now I’m so happy! I’m so happy, not because of the phone, but because of the lectures of Srila Prahbupada and that I have access to these things. So, as we live in a modern world, we are also using material objects to help us remember Krsna. Now that is needed, everyone has to make that kind of arrangement otherwise when will we hear?
śābde pare ca niṣṇātaṁ
brahmaṇy upaśamāśrayam (SB 11.3.21)
Sābde – transcendental sound is essential; as essential as bathing. Anyone who didn’t take a bath today? Some people take a bath once a month, yes that is possible but of course, after a while, it becomes noticeable. So, in the same way, the sound śābde pare ca niṣṇātam.
Niṣṇātaṁ – referring to ṣṇā or taking baths. One should bathe in transcendental sound, śābde pare ca niṣṇātaṁ, again and again, because the consciousness also again and again tends to absorb material contamination.
Srila Prabhupada instituted the festivals in Mayapur and Vrndavan, and he said that devotees should go once a year to that festival. That was the idea so that they would become purified from all the contamination that inadvertently crept in.
That is an interesting topic Contamination that inadvertently creeps in. What about that!? Yes, it’s absolutely going to happen to any good practitioner of bhakti. To the sadhaka, it’s going to happen. Only the liberated soul cannot be touched by the material energy, but everyone else will become touched by the material energy. So many impressions go into the consciousness – what we see and what we hear!

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati