Kamsa’s moment of doubt

14 Aug 2014 by  Leave a Comment

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, 09 May 2014, Bhaktivedanta Manor, England, Srimad-Bhagavatam 8.23.36)

kks_serbia_RY_2014In the Nectar of Devotion, we have a description of Kamsa’s moment of doubt. I like it! Kamsa sits on his throne in Mathura, in his ultimate mood of demoniac nature, and he is thinking, “Hah, what can Krsna do to me? Nothing! I have powerful malice. So many. I mean Keshi, you know Keshi, the ultimate personification of power. What is this Krsna going to do to me?”

Just then, the messenger runs into the court, “Your majesty, your majesty, your majesty. Tragic news!”

Kamsa, “WHAT?”

“Your majesty… Keshi!”

 Kamsa, “Noooo, not Keshi!

“Your majesty, Keshi is no more.”

Kamsa, “No, he (Krsna) is too powerful, he is inconceivable! How is it possible? Maybe, maybe I should just surrender unto him? But what would people say, imagine me, Kamsa! No, I could not do that! Maybe then I should just go to Vrindavan and inflict pain on the residents. But how can I go when I’m too afraid to leave the palace because of Krsna.”

Isn’t it nice that even Kamsa, for a moment, was thinking, “Maybe I should just surrender!” Just see, that gives us hope. If that can come up in Kamsa’s head and heart then anybody has a chance. That is nice. Even the demons are touched by Krsna. Krsna is Bhagavan.


--
Yours
Dinesh

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati