One of the characteristics of a neophyte devotee is that he will think himself as very advanced and it's a challenge to make him understand that he is not. Because it's an obstacle for him to make further progress, he needs to surrender more to Guru giving up his false ego of knowing everything. Otherwise om ajnana timirandasya.. doesn't make sense. I am born in darkness of ignorance and my spiritual master dispelled it with the torch of knowledge- this we have to remember and everyday we have to think that I am a new Bhakta so that we don't build up false prestige and boost our false ego to think that I am so expert and experienced in devotional service myself.


Yours
Dinesh

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati