I remember Srila Prabhupada one time he entered into the temple and he asked the pujari, "How are the Deities? How are the Deities feeling today?" And the pujari looked little bewildered. "You do not know! Pujari must know how the Deities are feeling" That the pujari should be so sincere that the Deity should reveal His mind. Since the pujari is revealing his mind to the Deity, the Deity will reveal His mind to the pujari. Just like when Sanatana Goswami was worshipping his Deity, he said. "Why don't you give me a little salt in the bread?" Because he was just making the wheat balls and throw them in the charcoal as they were. So very austere type of what do you call? Canon balls! So Deity was saying, "If I could just have a little salt. I know that you are very poor, butter is very difficult to come by, but a little salt!" Sanatana Goswami said, "If I start giving salt then the next thing will be butter, then You will want vegetable and then I will have to get a job. (Devotees laugh)There is no end to it. So You should just excuse otherwise it will end up that I won't be able to perform the other services, I have to write, I have to serve my Guru's orders, I have to excavate these holy places so many things! If I have to go out and get salt and everything then it will be very difficult." Of course then eventually Lord Krsna sent a salt merchant with a whole shipload of salt. So Sanatana Goswami could at least put a little salt in his bread. The salt merchant was stuck and by Sanatana Goswami's blessing he was able to be freed and he built one big temple for Madanamohan.

- HH.Jayapataka Swami 

http://jpsarchives.net/sites/default/files/audio/19800430_Srimad_Bhagavatam_4.17.9_What_Am_I_Not_Able_to_Surr.mp3


Yours
Dinesh

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati