My Dear Spiritual Children, Siksa Disciples, well-wishers and other devotees who are helping me and are being helped by me,

Please accept my best wishes and blessings. All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. 

I have been wanting to send out a letter to all of you every month, but somehow this has always been delayed. As such, some months have gone by. I will try to catch up.

This year we went on safari to North Bengal, Assam and Tripura. Then we went back to Mayapur for Ram Navami festival after which some devotees observed my Vyasa-Puja. Then I went to the Indian National Meetings, ICC, Advisory Council and Bureau.

From the start of this Gaurabda or our Gaudiya Vaisnava new year, we have been looking ahead at next year's Gaura Purnima Festival 2014 in Sri Mayapur. We are scheduled to have the ILS or ISKCON Leadership Sanga at the beginning of the 2014 festival. We then have the Sankirtan Mela. As usual every five years, there is a Maha Abhiseka of Panchatattva Deities and that is also set for 2014. Thereafter, there is our Navadvipa Mandala Parikrama, but 2014 is special because it would be the 25th year anniversary of the Parikrama. I am thinking of several special additions for the parikrama. One is visiting a new place. Others are surprises! All this culminates at the Gaura Purnima of 2014, after which, for the safari goers, we intend to visit Bangladesh, which is always very ecstatic because the Bangladesh people always receive the devotees with great enthusiasm. To accomplish all this we have to make many preparations and so from the beginning of this Gaurabda we are busy preparing Sri Mayapur for the influx of new devotees.There are some special plans
ahead. 

I would like to see all you devotees, but it is not possible for me to travel all of the places I used to. I can only visit some places. We intend to plan that in the future, devotees would be able to see me either in Mayapur, or in the different continents. The preoccupation I now have is how all of you can go back to Godhead in this lifetime. If I can get you all back to Srila Prabhupada, then I am sure you will all reach the spiritual world. Disciples of other gurus, if I can help them to get back to Srila Prabhupada, I am sure you will all reach the spiritual world. There are two factors. One is to maintain spiritual life by chanting, by following regulative principles and by doing sadhana bhakti. The second is to gradually increase and improve our devotional service. It means each devotee has to be very responsible to perform their Krsna Consciousness in a very regulated and progressive way. I hope that you will all be chanting and increasing your devotional service in a responsible way. Those who are grihasthas, should along with their spouses engage in devotional service and see that their children also become Krsna Conscious. Those who are brahmacaris, vanaprasthas or sannyasis should think how they can utilize every thought, every word and every deed in Krsna's service. 

I am keeping this short. My best wishes to all of you. 

Your well wisher always,
Jayapataka Swami






Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati