Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via kksblog.com by Yadurani on 2/4/12

It is by praying to Lord Nityananda that we can do it. It's difficult to be a devotee, it's difficult to follow four regulative principles, it's not easy to cut with one's previous life, it's hard to give up old habits, it's not so easy to do it- the mind will protest, the senses will protest and even though we may be walking in the dress of a vaisnava, how many times do the thoughts come in the mind, 'what am I doing here? Can I really go on with this?' Such thoughts will come in the mind of all; there is not one who is exempt, there is not one who never thinks of, 'what if I would go away?' This is the nature of the Age of Kali. So how to stay? By praying for the mercy of Lord Nityananda: 'Please forgive me, I am fallen, I have made so many mistakes and I did not do very well…if I look at my track record in spiritual life, I have blown it! I have blown it many times, so please forgive me and somehow or other help me to go forward.' If one doesn't pray like this and thinks, 'no this is not for me,' then we've made a mistake, we've made the biggest mistake. It's for us; we are that person who has not managed to do it so far. We are the one, who in spite of everything- initiations, tilak and all the ornaments that we are attired with- are not enough to free us from doubt, from the doubt to give in to the pressure of lust. Lust is so strong; it is said that lust is situated in the senses, in the mind and in the intelligence. Always again and again we will encounter lust, there is no doubt about it. And no matter how holy we appear, in dress, in behaviour, in speech, at times lust comes so close to us that we think, 'maybe I should give in.' So how to deal with these moments of weakness? How to deal with these moments of doubt- 'can I maintain such high standards? Is this for me? Can I do it?' Only by taking shelter of the mercy of Lord Nityananda. Taking shelter of the mercy of Nityananda means to take shelter of devotional service…

(Kadamba Kanana Maharaja, App of Lord Nityananda 2003)


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati