Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via GLORIOUS KRISHNA by Jyoti & Vidya on 11/17/11

Do you think of returning to Vrindavan? Rayarama asks Srila Prabhupada


(Srila Prabhupada in His room at Radha Damodar Temple, Vrindavan)

Srila Prabhupada: "My heart is always hankering after that Vrindavan. Even though I am sitting in New York a magnificent city, I shall be very happy to return to my Vrindavan, that sacred place. Of course, if someone asks, "Why are you here?' I must say that it is my duty. I have brought some message for you people. My Guru maharaja ordered me, 'Whatever you have learned, whatever knowledge you have, you should go to the western countries and distribute it.' If I go and sit down in Vrindavan, I will be very comfortable there and have no anxiety. But I have taken these risks in old age because I am duty bound. In spite of all inconveniences, one has to execute his duty. This is the basic principle for advancement in spiritual knowledge.

If we think of Krishna, we are always in Vrindavan. Krishna consciousness means living with Krishna in that spiritual planet, Goloka Vrindavan. You simply have to wait to give up the body. That is the process.



Ananya cetah satatam yo mam smarati nityasah - For one who remembers Krishna constantly, Krishna becomes purchased. The greatest most valuable thing, becomes easily available. Why?
Tasyaham sulabhah partha nitya yukta yoginah - Beacuse My devotee is continually engaged in Bhakti Yoga, I am easily available.

Ofcourse you may think sometimes it is not that easy, but sometimes when the moon is covered by clouds, we think it is not there because everything is dark. But when the clouds pass, we see that the moon has been there all the time, shining in all its brightness. This Krishna Consciousness movement is that benediction moon, shining through the clouds of Kali-Yuga.

- The Hare Krishna Explosion Chapter 5
Blog: www.gloriouskrishna.blogspot.com

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati