Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via Divyangi Lalita Devi Dasi's Facebook Notes by Divyangi Lalita Devi Dasi on 9/24/11

Looking over my garden this morning, I saw that it needed weeding.

 

With limited time however, I could weed only a small patch. Nonetheless, I walked away happy.

 

If I had thought of weeding the whole yard, I may have postponed the work leaving the weeds -- which never take time off -- to gain ground.

 

However, dealing with just a small patch allowed me to focus until that small area was clean and neat.

 

Indeed, after I had completed this small task, I felt satisfied and encouraged.

 

Similarly, purifying the heart and controlling the mind and senses sometime seem a daunting task. But, if I focus on one aspect of my bhakti practice each day and make a small, incremental improvement, I gain confidence and look forward to doing more the next day.

 

Achieving a tiny bit of progress in your devotional practice each day builds faith and momentum and leads to a beautiful-looking bhakti garden in your heart.

 

Which little area of your bhakti garden will you work on today?

 

With gratitude and affection,

Vaisesika Dasa



 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati