Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via Gouranga-Epistle Of Love by Maral Alimova on 10/4/11


      -         Das Rupai! Das Rupai!...
I was doing shopping buying necessary things. While was leaving the city Market the sides of the road were filled with women and men selling apples, sweet oranges, grapes, custard apples, pears…I could understand "Das Rupai" – ten Rupees and could see how they put 3-5 fruits jointly.
- Very nice!
            I bought, and then filled up the front basket of the bicycle with different fruits. Custard apples put on the top, because of their softness.
            At least left the market, but now the crowds of cars were moving here and there. I thought, I have to hurry up, because of that did not cross to the left side but continued my way to opposite coming cars.
Suddenly, two strong men were in the bike and they turned to the right side, right before my way. There was no time and not enough distance to stop. I cried: aaaaaaaaaaa…..!
Babaaaaah! Crashed!
Oh my God! Thanks God, I did not fall down. It was my fault but even though bike driver asked to excuse him. I moved forward being sure that there is any damage was in my cycle.
Still I had to go on the left side, but due to my laziness continued my way. Reached the place where two major roads meet each other. No lights! India is a country without any rules. FREEDOM!
Cars were coming from the right side road. I had to cross it. Did it! I did that so fast that found one pocket of fruits was missed. Stopping in the road side looked back. Saw a man in the bike showing me the white pocket of custard apples in the middle of the road. I decided to make stand my cycle, go and pick up fruit pocket. Just was going towards the fruits but found them already smashed flat to the road.
-         Oh how sad! I lost custard apples!
Leaving the idea to pick them up I moved forward. Then suddenly on the way I understood that on the place of those custard apples there would be my body. But Krishna saved my life. It says that for those who try to serve to Krishna the huge Ocean of material existence becomes as like water in the foot prints of a calf. On the place of being sad for some difficulties, loses we have to be grateful to Krishna. Krishna  as a protector gives the results of our horrible karma in the form of a bee bite or smashed custard apples for "Das Rupai".  


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati