Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via Gouranga-Epistle Of Love by Maral Alimova on 9/9/11


-Why? Why? Why? I do not understand why to preach?
I see people, they seem to me happy with smiling faces. When I request them to chant the Holy Names they say that no time, no need…
            With these questions I started to disturb senior Devotees. They used to say to me that Lord Gouranga wants it, Srila Prabhupada wants it. Because of that we preach.
-         Why for people Krishna Consciousness? I see them they are really enjoying life even without it.
I lived in the hostel with 6 girls in one room and with more than 400 in whole hostel building. They used to wake up at 8 AM, stand in the line for the bathroom. Washed their faces, teeth, change their clothes into University uniform. And while doing all those things, they used to drink a cup of coffee along with 3-4 cookies.
From 8:30 till 13:00 they were in the classes. In the lunch time, go to the canteen again buy some biscuits, chocolates, tea for their lunch. From 14:00 till late evenings again classes. After school coming to the room they used to jump to their beds and take a nap for minimum 50 minutes.
It seems the late evenings only used to give them some pleasure. Girls all jointly used to go to the canteen for their dinner which consists of wheat noodles. After coming to the room they used to bring out all their food stuffs which they brought from their homes: cookies, candies, breads, butter, some more non vegetarian foods, turn on the computer for movies and sit together for hours and hours.
Consuming food;
Watching movies;
Sometimes discussing the movie;
This part of their daily sadhana used to last for 2-3 hours. After that they used to start to do their home works laying on their beds. And by nature's call they used to fell asleep along with books. In the morning, at 8:00 again the same "song".
 Witnessing this type of life style I used to ask them if they are happy. They used to say me that for 100%!
If they are happy for sure with this life, why we force them to chant the Holy Names?
-         Again and again please, tell me why? If I do not see the reason why should I say them to chant?
I think I made mad senior Devotees.
            One day, while doing my service in the Altar room I really became upset to myself and really needed the true answer to my question. Senior Devotee also started to answer with eagerness and now with strictness.
-         Please, you always inspire us to preach, but why? People are happy without the Holy Names. Plus Krishna is All Mighty! Why He Himself does not change peoples' hearts and make them to become His devotees???
At least he loudly, with serious voice told:
-         Because Krishna can not do only one thing! To glorify Himself.
When he told this, silence filled the big Altar room. His face became red, eyes started to become wet. Trying to stop his tears he widely opened his eyes. With his hand he touched his head as if he is embarrassed and does not know what to do.
            My heart junked.
-         Oh, dear Krishna! Yes, You are All Mighty but also very Modest! You are Personality and You have jewel like 64 qualities!


                                                           I will do it! My Lord!
Just let me take my sword!
Hardly tighten my belt, making ready my hands,
I am going to the fighting fields!
I will do it my Master!
To fulfill my Guru's order!
Warning! Get ready atheists!
Or those who are in impersonal illusions!
I will sharpen my sword,
My teeth will tremble.
Eyes will full with fire,
Because of anger to fight!
  Who blame that Krishna is not God?
Who still do not worship Him?
Who still crawling, closing eye?
Who still have desire to die?
Whose happiness is still meat?
Whose joy is still drugs?
Whose pleasure is still from girls?
Whose success still made of lie?
Eating meat you will be eaten,
Drinking you will be lost.
Having sex you will be destroyed,
Using drug you will get mad.
Existence their made of suffer,
But they've hope: soon ll be better!
Seeing these, Your heart cries my Lord,
But I will do it! I give my word!

No, no! Don't cry! Don't cry, please!
You can't tolerate, I know, material disease.
I will always try and fight!
Keeping eyes open whole day and night!
My horse will be the Song of God,
Orders of Devotees will be the right road.
I'll wear Vaishnava etiquette as a soldier set,
Holy Name is my sword! Very sharp to fight!
Sword will cut the nose of pride,
Eyes of anger, stomach of greed!
Destroy into ashes the cruel envy!
Lust will cry. But dare now to stand before me!
 My Lord! Dry up Your tears, don't cry!
This vision forces my heart to die.
Away push Your worries, stay fully blissful!
I'll do it! 'cause I've sword very powerful!
Whatever I got from You only,
Let serve to Your pleasure lonely!
Clap, clap my hand claps for You!
My soft voice and all the acts for You!
Tak tik taka taka tak
And I won't be able to stop!
Sound of Mridanga will make me dance,
For Your pleasure, that divine glance!
See! My long hands stay now up,
They are empty with no even a drop.
I'm patita with no any suitable words,
Oh Patita Pavana from now I'm fully Yours!

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati