Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via kksblog.com by jan on 21/04/11

To be a servant means to put our own ideas aside, 'Oh, I want to do this. I like this; I don't like that. I like this service; I don't like that service.  I like this temple; I don't like that temple…' No, sooner or later one has to come to the point where he says, 'Okay, I'm going to first of all be a servant of Prabhupada and do something for Prabhupada's mission.'

Prabhupada had a mission and one has to say, 'I'm going to do something for Prabupada's mission and I'm taking up something.' We have to take up something. That is what it means to become a servant, to serve the vaisnava. That's what it means to take the dust of the lotus feet of a pure devotee; to serve the pure devotee and to take up some service. And so that is also what we want.

Nowadays in ISKCON the focus has shifted too much to trying to live an inspiring spiritual life. Previously it was really about trying to do something for the mission of the spiritual master. This spirit of trying to do something for the mission has gone down a bit. But that's what we need to get on fire!  How else will we get on fire? It's not so easy to get on fire about rising for mangal arati everyday, to get on fire about faithfully chanting the rounds everyday, to get on fire about reading some Bhagavatam every day. It is not so easy. But when we are on fire about doing something for Prabhupada, doing something for those who are the servants of Prabhupada and say, 'Okay, I'm going to sacrifice for that,' that is where we get more advanced.

 

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, Pretoria, South Africa, April 2011)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati