Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via KKS Blog by noreply@blogger.com (aatish) on 1/03/11

We are attracted to Maya but we also know that Maya is very dangerous.
With Maya it's not about our own strength.
One may think: "Well I'm a devotee for quite some time. I know what I'm doing, I know my limits. You know what I mean, I know how far I can go and I'm careful…"
Yeah, but then we forget one point:
When we start to play with the material energy, Maya is standing near by and she is waiting to "slap us down!"
That is interesting - one does not just fall down-Maya "SLAPS YOU DOWN."
At least to me that is interesting! When I read that verse I think I should learn that one!
One should not underestimate Maya!
That creates austerity, because we are attracted to material energy and the austerity is to keep a certain distance – a safe distance.
That is the beginning, austerity and then what needs to be done. Then we need to build up the spiritual life full of devotional service to Krsna, hearing about Krsna, chanting… and then at one point higher taste will take over.
Then there is no more austerity to stay away from material energy.
Then one just thinks: "It's crazy to interact with the material energy."

Transcribed by Yamuna Devi Dasi
(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Feb 2011, Prague)

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati