By Urmila Edith Best on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 6:24am

CaitanyaBhagavata 2: Mahaprabhu Starts Sankirtana at the House of

Srivasa Pandita:

 

Srivasa is most dear to the Lord; therefore, the Lord blessed him and

everyone present, by placing His lotus feet upon their heads. Smiling,

Visvambhara said, "May your attachment and attraction for Me increase."

The Lord spoke loudly like a roaring lion, and addressing Srivasa said,

"Oh Srivasa, are you afraid of something? News has reached Me that the

government men want to capture you, and they have come with two boats. I

am the Supersoul within everyone's heart. Thus, I control and direct

everyone's activities according to My sweet will. The king can only

capture you if I, being situated in his heart, prompt him to do so.

"Yet, if for some reason, he acts independently and gives the order to

capture you, then I will do the following. I will be the first to step

into the boat and present Myself before the king. Upon seeing Me, do you

think that he can remain seated upon the throne? I will delude him, take

control of him, and drag Him down.

 

"Should not this happen, then I will tell the king, 'Listen to the

truth, O king. Call all of your religious heads and judges to the court.

Collect all of your elephants, horses, animals, and birds. Whatever

creatures you have, bring them to your palace. Then order all of your

Kazi priests to read from your scriptures and inspire the creatures to

such a state of spiritual emotion that they begin to cry.' When his

priests fail to do so, then I will reveal my potency to the king.

"I will say, 'Oh king, on the instructions of these same Kazi priests,

whose lack of spiritual power we have already witnessed, you want to

forbid the congregational chanting of the Holy Name of Krsna. Now you

shall see My power to the full satisfaction of your eyes.' Then, I shall

capture a mad elephant and bring him before the king, along with other

elephants, horses, deer, and other animals, and instantly make them all

cry in ecstasy and chant Krsna's name.' I will make the king and all his

men cry and chant Krsna's name. I know that you don't believe that it is

possible, but I will show you right now and you can see for yourself."

The Lord noticed a small girl, who was the daughter of Srivasa Pandita's

brother, named Narayani. Lord Gauracandra, the Supreme Godhead, the

Supersoul within everyone's heart, ordered the little girl, "Narayani!

Chant Krsna's name and cry in ecstasy." The four-year-old girl became

extremely agitated with ecstatic spiritual emotions and cried out, "Oh

Krsna!" She began to weep, losing all perception of the external world.

Tears streamed down her body, and she fell to the ground. Smiling, Lord

Visvambhara asked Srivasa, "Are your fears pacified now?" Vaisnavas will

remember for many years to come how Narayani was a recipient of the

Lord's mercy.


Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati