Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via KKS Blog by noreply@blogger.com (Hina) on 12/27/10

We have so many false shelter; "My family…my family gives me protection".

Bhagavatam says:

"ātma-sainyesv asatsv api" - Fallible soldiers – what kind of protection can they give us?

"My money will protect me".

Then you get an economical crisis and suddenly your bank has gone bankrupt and your money is gone! Or it has no more value. What security is there in this world? No security – we never know. Simply our only security is Krsna! And if we keep that in mind – only then – only one who is fully remembering that;

"That my only security is Krsna".

Such a person is peaceful. Only such a person is peaceful. As simple as that, then we can be free from anxiety – then we realise that actually I have no real relationship with this temporary world or anything from this temporary world – my only real relationship is with Krsna.

The only thing that matters in this life is what I've done for my eternal position, and everything I am doing for the temporary is not important. Everything for the temporary is…you have to eat something, you have to sit somewhere, you have to sleep, we have to do these things – but they are not important. Not important whether we sleep in a golden bed or whether we sleep somewhere else – sleeping is sleeping.

So the main thing is to do something for our eternal spiritual benefits – to render some devotional service for Krsna, then we will surely attain perfection in life!

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Chowpatty, 12th December 2010)

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati