When I was thinking to myself that I undergo so much hardships to
commute to office&do the sadhana. It appeared to me that I suffer so
much since I am conscious of only my individual self. But Krsna who is
conscious of Everything, taught me a lesson that there are people
whose lives are much more horrible than mine.
1 day, I started to office by a cab(arranged for 1 day). As I was
talking to the cab driver, I learnt that he sleeps very little in a
day some 3 or 4hrs that too broken and in the cab parked alongside
road.
As the talks went on,the driver explained abt his Story which was
touching my heart and inspiring.
He was a school boy 15yrs ago who used to be top scorer. But becoz his
father died&had very little funds for education, he ended up landing
in Chennai city with only 10Rs with an idea to earn&support the
family&give his Sister in marriage.
He was telling,how difficult life has been since the time he started
working. He walks so
Long without money for bus fare on the roads of the city. Finds a
driver job, drives for tourists&finally gives his Sister in
marriage&then gradually recovers from debts. Of late he bought a
cab&is getting better.
My Chanting time over by now after these talks in the cab.
The Most important trait I observed in him was vairagya(determination)
which is essential for a vaishnava. I then thought what best i can do
to him. Advised him2take a Bhagavad Gita. Found in my own eyes how
4kinds of people come to Krishna.He is distressed but sukrutino-pious
person whereas a Duskritino will never turn to God even if he is in
distress.
And finally,he agreed2get one BG tho he doesnt find time to read&I was
so happy abt it.

--
Yours
Dinesh
Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati