Sent to you by dinesh via Google Reader:

 
 

via Gita Coaching by akrura@gmail.com on 9/10/10

As I am trying to put the holy name in the center of my life, which I intended to do for the past year, and inspired by Sacinandana Swami's Kirtan Retreat, some interesting things are happening.

As I am writing this, my father, a retired high school psychology teacher, is chanting his first round of the Hare Krsna maha mantra. And my mother, who remembers the whole mantra, is teaching him the mantra.

How did this came about?

This morning my mother told me that my father has attacks of depression from time to time. I said he should start chanting on beads. So later on I explained to him the benefits of the spiritual sound giving an example of the famous sound experiment and he agreed to try.

I also explained that God is always happy and if you are in touch with Him via His name it is impossible to be depressed. I told him that since I started chanting in 1982, I was never ever depressed. And my father knows that I did have periods of depression when I was young.

I told my father that whenever he feels bad or depressed he can take the beads and chant. So let us see how he gets on.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati