PROCESS OF PURIFICATION MAY BE PAINFUL IN THE BEGINNING
ANALOGY - SPIRITUAL LIFE IS LIKE HOSPITAL STAY
When we go to the hospital it doesn't mean that when you walk in the door,
you are free from disease. Usually after you walk into the hospital there is
more pain than before we walked in. I walked into a hospital last week, I
was feeling quite when I walked in. But soon I was on an operating table,
they were cutting organs out of me and they were sawing me up and soon I was
lying there and soon they were asking me how many painkillers I want. Lot of
pain, so many restrictions, so many problems. So when you go into a hospital
as a patient, you can expect that things are going to get worst before they
are going to get better. Because that is the process of taking out the
disease. Restrictions of diet, restrictions of movements. And then you are
not even allowed out until they discharge you. Very difficult. So similarly
spiritual life is like coming into a hospital for the heart. And it is going
to be a lot of difficulties that we wouldn't have to deal with if we just
remained in the diseased condition without trying to solve.
Share/Bookmark

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati